Configuring Subclients for Oracle Standby Databases
Set up a standby database as a copy of the primary (production) database and use it for full system recovery (disaster recovery) and recovery from data corruption.
You can back up standby databases when they are either in an offline or online state.
When the database is online, the Oracle agent determines the standby database mode by checking the database role and automatically disables the log switch operation.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Creating New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, type the subclient name.
- On the Content tab, select the backup mode:
- If backups are performed when the database is offline, click Offline Database.
- If backups are performed when the database is online, click Online Database.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the storage policy from the Data Storage Policy list.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 2/3/2020 7:23:20 PM