Configuring Merged Incremental Backups for Oracle
Merged incremental backups use an Oracle image copy of a datafile, which is stored in the Oracle flash recovery area and can reduce the time for an Oracle database recovery.
You must configure an Oracle tag for the merged incremental backup subclient because the tag links the incremental backups to the image copy.
Before You Begin
- Create an Oracle Image Copy.
- Run an RMAN script similar to the one below to back up the Oracle flash recovery area.
backup recovery area
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Oracle >instance.
- Right-click the subclient and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced tab, click the Options tab, and then select the Merge Incremental Image Copies check box.
- On the Advanced tab, click the Backup Arguments tab, and then in the Backup Tag box, enter the tag.
You can include variables in the tag. For more information, see supported Oracle tag variables.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 6/23/2020 8:33:41 PM