Installing a Custom Package on Windows Computers
You can install a custom package by running the setup application that is included in the package contents.
This procedure is useful if the package was configured to prompt for user input during the installation.
Note: If the custom package is a self-extracting executable file, see Installing a Windows Custom Package Configured as a Self-Extracting Executable File.
Before You Begin
- Obtain the custom package from the location specified by the user who created it.
If the package is in the Download Center, see Downloading a Software Package in Download Center - Web Console.
- Based on the agents that are included in the custom package, verify that the computer on which you want to install the package satisfies the minimum requirements specified in System Requirements.
- If the custom package requires user input during the installation, but you did not create the package, the user who created the package will provide you with the necessary information to prepare for the installation.
- If you have a 64-bit Windows computer and you need to protect 32-bit applications, you must configure a registry key to enable 32-bit agent installations. For more information, see the Alternate Method in Enabling 32-Bit Installations on 64-Bit Windows Computers.
- Log on to the computer as an Administrator or as a member of the Administrator group on that computer.
- Go to the location where you stored the custom package, and then find and double-click the Setup.exe file.
For example, suppose you have a Windows x64 computer and the name of the package is CustomPackageName. The Setup.exe file is under the CustomPackageName\CustomPackageName_WinX64 folder.
- Follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
Note: If the custom package was configured to install the software in decoupled mode, you do not have to provide the CommServe computer details during the installation. In a decoupled installation, the client does not establish connections with the CommServe computer. At the end of the installation, you will receive a message indicating that the installation is not complete until you register the client with the CommServe.
If the client was not registered during the installation, use the Edge Monitor application to register the client. For instructions, see Interactive End-User Edge Monitor Activation.
Last modified: 1/2/2019 3:53:35 PM