Configuring the Storage Policies for Discovered Oracle Instances
You can configure the data and log storage policies for the agent when you manually discover or automatically discover instances. The Commvault software assigns these storage policies to all the instances and default subclients that you discover.
The Commvault software assigns the storage policy to the discovered instance and default subclients by analyzing the following configuration information:
- The storage policies configured for the discovered instances in the Oracle agent properties.
The data storage policy is assigned to the discovered instance for command line data backup and to the Default subclient for data backups. The log storage policy is assigned to the discovered instance and to the Default archive log subclient for log backups.
- The storage policies that are configured for a previously discovered Oracle instance.
- The storage policy for the Default subclient of the DefaultBackupSet on the File System Agent agent.
- If the client computer is associated with a Plan from the Command Center, the Plan is assigned as the storage policy for data and log backups on the discovered instance and the default subclients.
- If there is no assigned storage policy in any of the above configuration information, you must add the storage policy to the Default subclient manually.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click client, and click Properties. The Client Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, select the default data and log storage policies for all discovered instances.
Data Storage Policy
Select a policy from the Data Storage Policy list.
Log Storage Policy
Select a policy from the Log Storage Policy list.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 3/23/2018 7:26:26 PM