Oracle Instant Database Clones That Use IntelliSnap with Block-Level Backup
Oracle Active Database Copy Management uses IntelliSnap to create a volume copy of the data that you can then use to recreate the data.
Configure an Oracle client for IntelliSnap and block-level backup, create a snapshot and backup copy for the database and then create one subclient for the data and one subclient for the logs.
The procedure flow is:
- Perform a forever incremental backup of the database.
- After the backup is complete, the Commvault software creates a snapshot copy of the backup. The snapshot copy can act as the primary copy.
- You can manually run a backup copy job, or configure the Commvault software to run a backup copy job after the backup completes.
This operation copies the snapshot to the media and provides an additional standby copy.
- Create the clone
Before You Begin
- Install one of the following database patches:
- If the Oracle database version is 184.108.40.206.0, 220.127.116.11.1, or 18.104.22.168.2, install Oracle patch 13366202 or the latest Oracle 11gR2 Patch Set Update on the destination database.
- If the Oracle database version is Oracle 12c, you install at a minimum, Oracle version 22.214.171.124 with patch 19404068.
- If you have not done so already, install the Oracle Agent.
- Select and configure the IntelliSnap array.
- Configure the Oracle client for IntelliSnap.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy for the database.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy for the logs.
- Create a separate schedule for:
- The incremental database backups
- The log backups - Use an automatic log backup schedule for the log backups.
For information on how to configure an automatic schedule, see Creating an Automatic Schedule for Database Log Backups.
- The synthetic full database backups
Synthetic full backups are typically performed on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Create a snapshot copy for the database.
- Configure a backup copy for the database.
- Create an Oracle instance.
- Create an Oracle subclient for a production database snapshot. Have the subclient use IntelliSnap with block-level backup. For more information, see Configuring Oracle Subclients That Use IntelliSnap with Block-Level Backup.
- Create a subclient for the logs.
- Perform forever incremental backups.
- If you did not configure the software to create a backup copy, run a backup copy job. For more information, see Configuring Offline Backup Copy for IntelliSnap Backup.
- Create the clone.
Last modified: 6/12/2019 8:25:44 PM