Adding Oracle RAC Container Databases (CDB)
In the CommCell Console each Oracle 12c container database (CDB) maps to an instance. Once you have added an instance for the container database, create subclients and backup sets as you would for any Oracle database instance.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click Oracle, point to All Tasks, and then click New Instance (ORACLE SID).
The Creating New Instance dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, make the following selections:
- In the Instance (ORACLE SID) box, type the container database name.
- In the User Account box, type the login credentials to access the Oracle container database.
- In the ORACLE HOME box, type the Oracle container database application install path.
- In the Storage Policy used for the data of default subclient box, select a storage policy name.
- On the Details tab, in the Connect String box, type the credentials to access the Oracle container database. For example, sys/pwd12@orcl4.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the storage policies:
- In the Storage Policy used for user command backup of data box, select a storage policy.
- In the Storage Policy used for all Archive Log backups box, select a storage policy name.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/29/2018 1:17:12 PM