Cataloging RMAN Backup Pieces
When the Oracle recovery catalog does not know about the backup pieces you want to restore, you can run this procedure to add the backup pieces from the tape or media to the Oracle recovery catalog.
- On the RMAN command line, create and run an RMAN script similar to the one below.
For information on the supported SBT parameters, see SBT Parameters.
configure channel device type 'sbt_tape' PARMS="SBT_LIBRARY=software_install_path/Base/libobk.so,ENV=(CVOraRacDBName=<DBName>)”;
The SBT_LIBRARY path for the various platforms are listed below:
- AIX with 64 bit Oracle - <Client Agent Install Path>/Base64/libobk.a(shr.o)
- Solaris with 64 bit Oracle -<Client Agent Install Path>/Base64/libobk.so
- Linux on System Z with 64 bit Oracle - <Client Agent Install Path>/Base64/libobk.so
- All Other UNIX platforms -<Client Agent Install Path>/Base/libobk.so
- On the RMAN command line, type the following command to verify the configuration.
- On the RMAN command line, type the following command to catalog the backup pieces.
catalog device ‘sbt_tape’ backuppiece ‘backuppiecename1’,‘backuppiecename2’;
Last modified: 10/29/2018 3:25:36 PM