Configuring the PostgreSQL Archive Log Directory
Archive log files are stored in the Archive Log directory. Ensure to follow the below checkpoints before running the PostgreSQL FS backup.
- Specify the Archive log directory path in the postgresql.conf file prior to performing the PostgreSQL FS backup. Make sure that this path does not point to pg_log or log directories and pg_xlog or pg_wal directories.
archive_command = 'cp %p /opt/wal/%f' #UNIX
archive_command = 'copy "%p" "D:\\PostgreSQL\\wal\\%f"' #Windows
- For PostgreSQL 8.3 version and later, use the following configuration to turn on the archive_mode. This feature is not supported for PostgreSQL 8.2 and earlier versions.
archive_mode = on
- For PostgreSQL 9.x.x version, use the following configuration.
Set wal_level = archive instead of default wal_level = minimal
- From PostgreSQL 10.x.x version onwards, use the following configuration.
Set wal_level = replica
- Verify that the archive command provided in the postgresql.conf file is correct. You can test this by running the following commands and verifying that they successfully complete.
Last modified: 9/20/2019 5:15:35 AM