Configuring SAP for Oracle Subclients for Offline Backups
Configure the SAP for Oracle subclient to perform a full backup of the database when it is offline. Full backups include all datafiles, tablespaces, and the Oracle database control file. Offline backups do not include the archived log files.
You can perform offline backups when the database is in either offline or online mode.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Agent.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Offline Database option.
- Select the backup interface. If this subclient will be used for incremental backups, in the Backup Device section, select the Rman_util option.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup.
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 6/27/2018 2:45:27 PM