Configuring SAP for Oracle Subclients for Online Backups
In some environments, you cannot bring down a database to perform an offline backup. In such situations, you can perform an online backup, where the database is up and running during the backup.
You can perform either a full backup or incremental backup of the SAP for Oracle database when it is online.
Full backups include all the datafiles, tablespaces, and log files. Incremental backups include only the changed data and log files and take less time to run than full backups.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Agent.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Online Database option.
- Select the backup interface. If this subclient will be used for incremental backups, in the Backup Device section, select the Rman_util option.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup.
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 6/27/2018 2:47:32 PM