Setting the SAP for Oracle Job ID Timeout
You can use the BRARCHIVE tool to archive online redo logs, to prevent the Commvault software from generating multiple job IDs in a BRARCHIVE session.
By default, the Commvault software generates a new job ID every 6 minutes.
Valid values are from 360 seconds to 86400 seconds.
Best Practice: Set this value to a higher value, based on how often online redo logs are generated.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the client, and then click Properties:
The Client Properties dialog box is displayed.
- On the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
The Add Additional Settings dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the details for the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type sSINGLEJOBMERGETIMEOUT.
- In Category box, select OracleSapAgent.
- In the Type box, select String.
- In Value box, type the value in seconds to wait to merge the job, for example 480.
- Click OK to close the Add Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Client Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 7/24/2018 6:17:26 PM