SAP on Oracle Restores from the CommCell Console
SAP on Oracle restores fall into the following main categories:
- Database restore - This is a restore of all database files and the control file
- Database subset - This is a combination of a restore of any of the following files:
- Only archive logs
- The SAP on Oracle control file
- Individual datafiles and tablespaces
- Database Archived Redo logs -This is required for a Full System Recovery (Disaster Recovery).
In addition to database and file restores, you can use the SAP for Oracle Agent restore operation to create a standby database. A standby database is a copy of the primary database you create for hardware failures.
You can perform restores for SAP on Oracle databases through the CommCell Console or by using the BR*Tools interface.
Last modified: 12/14/2017 4:53:16 PM