Configuring SAP HANA for a Multi-Node or Clustered Environment
You can use the SAP HANA agent to protect a SAP HANA database that is in a multi-node or clustered environment.
Backups that you perform from SAP HANA Studio are not affected by the node order as long as the node appears on the instance details (Instance Properties dialog box, Details tab, Hana Database Instances box).
- Install the SAP HANA agent on all physical node or VMs that are part of the same SID.
- Create a SAP HANA Pseudo Client.
On a non-clustered SAP HANA setup:
- On the Details tab of the pseudo client, add all the nodes, and then click OK.
On a clustered SAP HANA setup:
- Create a new UNIX cluster and add all the physical nodes or VMs along with the HANA and File System agents to the cluster group configuration tab.
- On the Details tab of the pseudo client, add the virtual name of the cluster as the only node, and then click OK.
What to Do Next
In SAP HANA Studio, configure backint for the database.
Last modified: 4/8/2020 10:50:02 PM