Refreshing the SAP HANA Instance Properties After an Upgrade
Perform this procedure when you:
- Upgrade from Commvault Version 10 to Version 11
- Upgrade to Service Pack 7 from an earlier Version 11 Service Pack
You must update the following SAP HANA instance properties:
- The SAP HANA instance number
- The SAP HANA database credentials
- The full path to the directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools
If you use a non SYSTEM user to connect to the database (Instance Properties dialog box, General tab, DB User Name box), then the user must have DBA COCKPIT privileges so that is can perform backup operations. For more information, go to the SAP Documentation site, DBA Cockpit for SAP HANA: Authorizations. In the Database Users section, look at the Customer-specific user row.
You can create a SAP HANA database user that has the required privileges by using the following SQL commands:
CREATE USER MY_BACKUP_USER PASSWORD BackupOnly01 NO FORCE_FIRST_PASSWORD_CHANGE;
GRANT BACKUP ADMIN, CATALOG READ, INIFILE ADMIN TO MY_BACKUP_USER;
MY_BACKUP_USER is the user name and BackupOnly1 is the password.
- From the CommCell Bowser, right-click Client Computers > pseudo-client.
- Right-click the instance, and then click Properties.
The Instance Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the connection details.
- In the Number box, type the SAP HANA instance number.
- In the DB User Name and Password boxes, type the SAP HANA admin user credentials.
- In the hdbsql location directory, type the path to the directory that contains the SAP HANA hdbsql tools.
To determine the location of the SAP HANA hdbsql, log in to the SAP HANA server with the sid admin credentials. On the command line, type the following command to find the location.
The path to the directory for the hdbsql is everything up to "/hdsql". For the example, the value is "/usr/sap/<SID>/HDB03/exe".
- Click OK.
- Refresh the CommCell Browser. On the CommCell Toolbar menu, click .
You can now view the upgraded SAP HANA version on the Instance Properties dialog box, and you can discover the databases.
What to Do Next
If you upgraded to Service Pack 7 or later, from an earlier Version 11 Service Pack, and you have a multitenant database container configuration, discover the tenant databases to ensure that your command line jobs do not fail. For information, see Manually Discovering SAP HANA Databases.
Last modified: 12/11/2019 4:11:45 PM