Restoring SAP HANA Backups
Use this procedure for the following scenarios:
- The data area or the log area is damaged, to recover from a logical error or to copy the database.
- You only want to restore the SAP HANA catalog.
The SAP HANA software brings the database down before the restore and brings it back up after the restore completes.
If you want to recover only the data, then you must perform the restore by using a full backup.
Before You Begin
- Perform a full backup or perform an incremental backup.
- Verify that the restore environment has the same set of nodes and the instance SID name as the backup environment. In case of any configuration file modification in the backup environment, make the same modifications in the restore environment before starting the recovery process.
- Verify that the SAP HANA software version that is used for restore is of the same version or later than the software version used during backup.
- If you want to restore to a different CommCell, register the remote CommCell, and then add the remote client to the source CommCell. For more information, see Cross CommCell Restore.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo-client > SAP HANA.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click Browse and Restore.
- On the Browse and Restore dialog box, select Latest Backup and click View Content.
- From the Browse window, under SAP HANA, select the data to restore, and then click Recover All Selected.
- On the Restore Options dialog box, select the destination client and instance:
- Select the client that you want to restore to from the Destination Client list.
- Select the instance that you want to restore to from the Destination Instance list.
- On the Restore Options dialog box, select the type of restore that you want to perform:
- To verify that all the backups required for the recovery operation are available, select the Check Access check box.
- To initialize the log area, select the Initialize log area check box.
For information on the initialize log area option, see SAP HANA Restore Options.
- Optional: Select the Use Delta Backups check box.
For information on the delta backup option, see SAP HANA Restore Options.
- Optional: Restore from a copy precedence.
If the backup is corrupted, restore from a storage policy copy.
For more information on modifying the copy precedence of a storage policy copy, see Copy Precedence.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Restore Options dialog box appears.
- On the Copy Precedence tab, select the Restore from Copy Precedence number check box and enter a copy precedence number.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Restore Options dialog box.
- Click Advanced.
- Click OK to close the Restore Options dialog box and start the restore.
Last modified: 9/5/2019 9:37:30 PM