Setting Up End-User Search
Configuring the Search Engine for ContentStore Email Viewer and End-User Search
Applies to: OnePass for Exchange Mailbox (Classic)
You must content index your archived emails when using Outlook Add-In with ContentStore Email Viewer and End-User Search. Setting up the Search Engine allows you to content index emails and allows end-users to search the content of archived emails.
- Install the Search Engine.
- To enable the End-User Search page, you must also install Compliance Search.
- Configure the Search Engine.
- After you enable content indexing, run a content indexing job..
Configuring the End-User Search Page
To enable the End-User Search console, you must configure the End-User Search page on the client where Compliance Search is installed.
Enable the End User Search page by adding the End User Search Web alias to the server.xml file that is located on the Compliance Search computer.
- Log on to the Compliance Search computer.
- Stop the Commvault Tomcat service.
- Open ContentStore\apache\conf\server.xml.
- Edit the following line in server.xml so that the docBase= attribute specifies the full path of the Compliance Search installation folder:
<Context path="/search" docBase="software install path/WebClient" debug="0" reloadable="true" />
Replace software install path with the full path to the Commvault installation folder.
- Save and close server.xml.
- Start the Commvault Tomcat service.
- Delete the web browser cache.
What to Do Next
Verify that your end users can access the End-User Search console URL at http://ComplianceSearchHostName:portNumber/search.
Last modified: 4/12/2018 9:01:12 PM