Configuring Universal Access to Archived Messages - Administrator
This topic provides the procedures for configuring universal access to archived messages.
- Configuring the recall services
- Adding a recall link to messages
- Recalling an archived message
Configure Recall Services
After the Web Console and the Web Search Server have been installed, configure the recall services with Web Console's link. When a recall request is triggered, the link configured for the recall services sends an HTTP recall request to the Web Console.
If you want to stub the messages, this will allow the end users to recall archived messages directly from Microsoft Outlook. The body of the message includes a link that, by clicking it, brings back the original content of the message.
Before You Begin
Consider the following when you configure recall services:
- We recommend that you specify a Domain Namespace.
- The Recall Service URL should be in the following format: https://server.domain.com.
- The Recall Server can be a load-balancing server.
- The recall services should be accessible from outside the firewall. For details see, Configure to access archived emails from outside the firewall.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
The Client Computers Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Web Server URLs tab.
- Type the address of the recall service in the Recall Services box. We recommend that you specify a Domain Namespace to enable external connectivity.
Example: http://web_console or https://web_console,
Where web_console is the client computer where the Web Console is installed.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 4/12/2018 9:01:27 PM