Enabling Conversation View
Does not apply to: Exchange agents that use Indexing Version 2 or LITE mode
You can enable conversation view to arrange your content indexed messages as conversations in the ContentStore Email Viewer.
- On your computer, open the %AppData%\Roaming\CVProvider\yourEmailAddress folder where %AppData% is the location of the Microsoft Windows Applications Folder on your computer and yourEmailAddress is the SMTP address used for your ContentStore Email Viewer.
For example, open C:\Users\myuserName.myDomain\AppData\Roaming\CVProvider\firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In a text editor, open the Configuration.xml file in the above location.
- In Configuration.xml before the closing </Configuration> tag, add the following line:
- Save the file.
- If you have ContentStore Email Viewer configured in Offline Mode and there are emails in your local cache, then you must also recreate the files in your local cache as follows:
- In Microsoft Outlook, right-click the ContentStore node and then click Data File Properties.
- In the ContentStore Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- Click the Offline Mode tab.
- Click Recreate Cache Files.
- Read the prompt and click OK to continue.
The files in your local cache will be deleted and then re-synced with your server. Depending on how many emails you have to sync, this process could take some time to complete.
- After the files in your local cache have been recreated, you can enable conversation view for ContentStore Email Viewer. See the Microsoft documentation for your version of Microsoft Outlook.
Last modified: 6/25/2020 4:44:13 PM