Configuring Download Settings in the CommCell Console
By default, when you download the Commvault software by using the CommCell Console, the software is downloaded from the Commvault download server site to the CommServe cache directory.
If you need to adjust the default download settings, refer to the following configurations:
- Configure the download options based on the Internet connectivity of your CommServe
- If the CommServe computer has Internet connectivity but has restrictions on incoming or outgoing communications, you can configure an HTTP proxy to connect to the Commvault download server. For instructions, see Configuring an HTTP Proxy Server for the CommServe Computer.
- If the CommServe computer does not have Internet connectivity, you can configure a client computer with Internet connectivity as a gateway to connect to the Commvault download server. For instructions, see Configuring an Internet Gateway for the CommServe Computer.
- If you want to download the software from your own server, you can configure your server to retrieve the software from the Commvault download server. For instructions, see Changing the Download Server Used to Download Software.
- Configure downloads to use a different network protocol
By default, download operations use the HTTPS protocol. If you want to use a different network protocol, see Changing the Network Protocol Used for Downloading Software from the CommCell Console.
- Skip the download for deconfigured clients
If you do not want to download packages and updates for deconfigured clients, you can configure an additional setting on the CommServe computer. For instructions, see Skipping the Download of Software for Deconfigured Clients.
Last modified: 2/21/2019 8:45:00 PM