Uninstalling the CommServe Software
Important: Do not remove the CommServe software unless you have decided to remove Commvault data management solutions from your organization. After the CommServe software is uninstalled, you can no longer protect and manage the data in your organization.
You can uninstall the CommServe software from your server computer by using the uninstallation option from the Windows Control Panel. Uninstalling the CommServe in silent mode is not supported.
If uninstalling from a clustered environment, uninstall the CommServe from all the physical nodes (active and passive) of the cluster.
Before You Begin
- MediaAgents, agents, and other Commvault software must be already uninstalled from all client computers in your CommCell environment. For more information, see Uninstall Commvault from Client and MediaAgent Computers.
- If you configured firewall settings between the CommServe and other clients, make sure to close the ports that you designated for firewall use.
- Close any open user connections to the CommServe database and to any other Commvault database, such as the Workflow database.
For example, if a user is querying the database by using the SQL Server Management Studio, the uninstallation program will fail to remove the database.
- Log on to the CommServe computer as an Administrator or as a member of the Administrator group on that computer.
- Open the Control Panel, and under the Programs section, click Uninstall a program.
- From the list of programs, click Commvault ContentStore, and then click Uninstall.
The uninstallation wizard opens.
- On the Select Uninstallation Option page, click Uninstall all packages in the instance, and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Uninstall Summary page, review the information and then proceed to the next page.
- On the Uninstallation Status page, click Finish.
The CommServe software is successfully uninstalled.
Last modified: 7/23/2019 9:20:34 PM