Determining the Oracle db_files Parameter
Note: This setting is not applicable when you use the parquet format to archive the data.
To calculate the Oracle db_files parameter value for the archive database, use the following information:
- The number of streams used by each subclient. An archive job creates 1 datafile per stream.
- The history retention period
- The number of archive jobs per week
- The number of archive subclients
- Determine the number of datafiles that the subclient creates in 1 week.
- Determine the number of datafiles that all subclients create for the history retention period. Multiply the number of datafiles per week by the number of weeks in the retention period.
- Multiply this result by the total number of clients
- One subclient uses 4 streams.
- History Retention is 6 months
- The schedule is one archive job per week
- There are 3 subclients
The number of datafiles created per week for a subclient is 4.
The number of datafiles created by a subclient over the History Retention is 26 weeks for months, so 26x4 = 104.
There are 3 subclients, so the total 3x104 = 312
Last modified: 9/5/2018 2:16:38 PM