Hardware Recommendations for the Exchange Mailbox Agent
This section describes the hardware recommendations for the index server and access nodes that are used for the Exchange Mailbox Agent operations.
The hardware recommendations include the following components:
- Index server
- User Mailbox and Journal Mailbox access nodes
- ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) access nodes
- The values used in these recommendations are based on the assumption that operations are running under optimum conditions. The recommendations do not account for unusual conditions, such as a heavy load on the servers.
- If you want to install multiple components (such as an Index Server and a MediaAgent) on the same machine, sum the hardware requirements for the components.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you use the latest generation of CPU architecture.
- By increasing the CPU cores/RAM as per the recommended proportions,you can reduce the number of access codes.
Last modified: 8/20/2020 2:49:17 PM