Getting Started with the Exchange Mailbox Agent
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the Exchange Mailbox Agent:
Step 2: Prepare Your Environment
Before you install the Exchange package and configure the Exchange Mailbox Agent, make sure that your environment meets the prerequisites depending on your mailbox type:
- User Mailbox (depending on the server environment that you use):
- Journal Mailbox
- ContentStore Mailbox
Step 3: Install the Exchange Package
Install the Exchange package on each access node.
- Plan the Installation on Windows Computers
Review the general guidelines, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for Exchange Agents
Review the agent-specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Install greater than or equal to 4.6 Net Framework on ContentStore mail server access node.
If you intend to enable content indexing for the User Mailbox, you must install the Web Server on each access node where the Exchange package is installed. If you do not install the Web Server when you install the package, you can install it separately. For more information, see Installing the Web Server.
Step 4: Create an Index server
Step 5: Configure Your Environment
Configure your environment based on the mailbox types that you use.
Configuring a User Mailbox Environment
- Exchange Policies.
- Create the Exchange Mailbox client, and associate mailboxes with the subclient based on the server environment that you use:
Configuring a Journal Mailbox Environment
- Exchange Policies.
- Create an Exchange Mailbox client.
- Associate the Journal Mailboxes with the default subclient.
Configuring a ContentStore Mailbox Environment
- Configure the Commvault software
- Configure the Exchange server.
- Create a remote domain.
- Create a mail contact.
- Create a Send connector.
- Create journal rules.
Step 6: Configure Additional CommCell Features
Decide whether you want to configure other features.
- Schedule jobs.
- Encrypt the data for transmission over non-secure networks or non-secure storage media.
- Configure alerts and notifications so that you are notified of events that require attention.
- Manage user accounts and passwords for increased security.
Step 6: Run Your First Archive, Cleanup, Content Indexing, and Restore Operations
Step 7: Where to Go from Here
Last modified: 10/7/2019 4:55:35 PM