Configuring the ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP)
After you install the Exchange package, you must assign the ContentStore Mail Server role, and then configure your settings on the ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) Dashboard.
For information about the settings, refer to ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) Dashboard Settings.
Tip: We recommend that you access the ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) Dashboard using the Google Chrome Web browser.
Before You Begin
If you use the SSL certificate, make sure that it is ready to be installed on the ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP). Use a digital certificate signed by the Certificate Authority (CA), and not a self-signed certificate. Make sure that the SSL port 25 is open on each ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) access node.
- Go to the General tab under ContentStore Mail Server Role and select SMTP.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client computer where the Exchange package is installed, and then click Properties.
The Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- In the ContentStore Mail Server Role area, select SMTP.
- Click OK.
The Commvault services restart automatically.
- In a Web browser, type the following URL in the address bar:
- Log on to the ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) Dashboard.
If this is the first time that you log on to the dashboard, the default User name=admin and Password=1111.
- After you log on to the dashboard the first time, change your password.
- In the upper right corner of the dashboard, click Admin.
- Click Change password.
- In the Change password dialog box, type 1111 in the Old password box.
- In the New password box, type a new password.
- In the Retype new password box, retype the new password.
- Click OK.
- On the Settings tab of the dashboard, configure the appropriate settings.
- Click Save.
You changes are not active until you restart the services.
- Click Restart the services.
- To log off of the dashboard, click Admin at the top right of the page, and then click Logout.
For information about configuring and using the dashboard, see:
- ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) Dashboard Settings
- ContentStore Mail Server (SMTP) Dashboard Counters
Last modified: 2/26/2019 4:17:59 PM