Running an Exchange Mailbox Agent Archiving Job
Applies to: User Mailbox, All Public Folders
This procedure describes the general steps for running an archiving job.
You can run the job at the default subclient, mailbox level or public folder level.
Remember: The archiving job protects data. Messages are not stubbed during an archiving job. If you configured stubbing in the Exchange cleanup policy, then messages are stubbed when you run a cleanup job.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > agent > set.
- Do one of the following:
- To archive the subclient, select the Content tab in the bottom portion of the right pane, and then right-click the subclient.
- To archive a mailbox, select the Mailboxes tab in the bottom portion of the right pane, and then right-click the appropriate mailbox.
- User Mailbox only: To archive all mailboxes that belong to an AD group or database, select the Auto Discovered Association tab in the bottom portion of the right pane, and then right-click the appropriate AD group or database.
- All Public Folders Only: To archive only the public folders, select the Auto Discovered Association tab in the bottom portion of the right pane, and then right-click All Public Folders.
- Click Archive.
The Archive Options dialog box appears.
- On the Job Initiation tab, define whether the job runs immediately or if it will be scheduled.
- Optional: On the Archive Options tab, if you want to run the job as a full back up job, select the Convert job to full checkbox.
- Optional: On the Access Nodes tab, if you want to run the job on an access node other than the one that you defined for the agent, do the following:
- Click Add.
The Select Clients/Client Groups dialog box appears.
- From the Exclude list, select the access node that you want to use, and then click Include.
You can add more than one access node.
- Click OK.
Any access nodes that you configure on the Access Nodes tab override the access nodes that are configured at the agent level.
- Click Add.
- Optional: To set advanced job options, click Advanced.
- Optional: To run your archive options from a command line interface, click Save As Script.
- Click OK.
If you chose to run the job immediately, the archive job starts now.
If you chose to run the job according to a schedule, the archive job runs according to the schedule that you defined.
Last modified: 11/20/2019 10:26:50 PM