Transitioning from Classic Archiver
If you have been using the classic archive agent to protect your data, then we recommend that you transition to the file archiving solution.
After you transition to file archiving, you can continue to use the classic archive agent to recover data that was archived using that agent. However, you cannot use the classic archive agent to perform archiving operations.
Note: If you want to continue to use the classic archive agent for archiving and recovery, you cannot upgrade the client to version 11 software.
- On the version 10 client, disable archiving for the classic archive agent.
- Configure archiving. For instructions, see one of the following in the version 10 documentation:
- Run an archive operation. For instructions, see one of the following:
- Dissociate the data protection schedules from the classic archive agent and associate them with file archiving agent.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Schedule Policies.
- Right-click the SchedulePolicy, and then click Edit.
- Click the Associations tab, and then click the Edit subtab.
- Clear the check box for Traditional Archiver Agent.
- Select the check box for OnePass.
- Click OK.
- Deconfigure the classic archive agent.
- Ensure that you only release the license for the traditional Archiver Agent at the agent level. Do not deconfigure or uninstall the client.
- If you have a OnePass client configured with the traditional Archiver Agent, clear and select the Enable for archiving check box after the upgrade finishes.
- Upgrade the version 10 client to version 11.
For instructions, see Upgrades.
- After the upgrade operation finishes, from the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click File System, and then click Properties.
The File System Properties dialog box appears.
- Select the Enable for archiving check box.
Note: You can perform recall operations of Hitachi NAS (BlueArc) and Celerra archiver stubs using archiver proxy computer.
Last modified: 6/27/2019 10:41:32 AM