Creating an Amazon S3 Virtual Client
After installing the File System Core, File System, and Cloud Apps packages on the proxy client computer, you must create a virtual client to perform backup and restore operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Cloud Storage > Amazon S3.
The New Amazon S3 Client dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Instance Name box, type a name for the instance.
- In the Access Node box, select the proxy client computer where the Cloud Apps package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- In the Number of Data Backup Streams box, type the number of data streams to use for backups. The maximum value is 99.
Note: The number of streams must not exceed the maximum number configured in the subclient storage policy. The CommServe allocates streams depending on the availability of resources.
- On the Connection Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Host URL box, type the Amazon S3 service account URL (s3.amazonaws.com).
- In the Amazon S3 Access Key ID box, type the access key ID of your Amazon S3 service account.
- In the Secret Access Key box, type the secret access key of your Amazon S3 service account.
- In the Verify Access Key box, re-type the secret access key of your Amazon S3 service account.
- Click OK.
The Commvault software creates an Amazon S3 virtual client that contains a default instance.
Last modified: 3/1/2018 4:41:04 PM