Backing Up Gmail and Google Drive
You can back up the mailboxes and drive data of all the Google user accounts using the Commvault software.
You can run a backup operation either from the default subclient or from a user-defined subclient.
If you perform a backup from the instance level, all user accounts in that instance are backed up in a single backup operation.
You can also back up Google user accounts of multiple domains. To enable this option, see Enabling Google Multi-Domain Backup Support.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Cloud Apps > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- In the Select Backup Type pane, choose to run an incremental, or a synthetic full backup.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup operation immediately or to schedule it.
- Optional: To further customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
To ensure that messages that have not been backed up by incremental operations since the last full backup are backed up by the next incremental, on the Data tab, select the Verify Synthetic Full check box.
- Optional: To save this backup operation as a script that you can run from the command line, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Command Line Interface.
- Click OK.
Note: To back up files in a Google Team Drive, enable the Enable Team Drive check box, and then run the backup operation. For more information, see Enabling Google Team Drive Backup Support.
If you selected to run the backup operation immediately, you can monitor the progress of your backup operation in the Job Controller window. For more information, see Job Controller.
After the backup operation is complete, you can view the backup operation history. For more information, see Job History.
Last modified: 6/3/2019 11:55:06 AM