Creating a Virtual Client for Microsoft OneDrive for Business Data Protection
Create a virtual client to perform backup and restore operations.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have the values that you recorded when you registered the application.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click Client Computers, and then click New Client > Cloud Apps > Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
- In the New Microsoft for OneDrive Business Client dialog box, on the General tab, provide the following information:
- In the Client Name box, type a name for the new virtual client.
- In the Access Node box, select the physical client computer where the Cloud Apps package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- On the Connection Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Application ID box, type the application ID.
- In the Application key value box, type the key value.
- In the Azure directory ID box, type the directory ID.
Note: To avoid throttling errors, you can type multiple application ID and their respective key values separated by semicolons. For example, if you type application ID as A1;A2;A3, then type key value as K1;K2;K3.
- Optional: On the Auto Discover tab, do the following:
- Select the Enable Auto Discover check box to enable the auto discovery of user accounts.
- Select either one of the following methods to auto discover the user accounts.
- To discover the user accounts that match the filters and wildcard expressions that you provide while automatically discovering user accounts, select Match user name by regular expressions.
- To discover the user accounts that are part of a sub-organization created on Microsoft OneDrive for Business, select Azure Group Affinity.
- Optional: If you have enabled auto discovery based on regular expressions, perform the following tasks to create new subclients based on regular expressions:
- Select the Create subclients check box.
- Select 10 or 20 to create either 10 subclients or 20 subclients respectively.
- Click OK.
In the CommCell Console, the following appear:
- The new virtual client appears under Client Computers.
- The default Cloud Apps instance and subclient appear under Cloud Apps.
Last modified: 8/28/2019 6:16:24 AM