Getting Started with IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS)
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Review the following requirements and supported features for IBM Spectrum Scale (GPFS):
Step 2: Install the File System Core and File System Packages on Data Access Nodes
Review each of the following topics to prepare for the installation and select the best installation method for your environment.
- Prepare the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
- Preinstallation Checklist for the UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh File System Agents
- Installation Methods
If you want to also use the data access nodes as MediaAgents, then install the MediaAgent package on the nodes. For instructions, see Installing the MediaAgent.
- All data access nodes and the master node that you include in backups must share the same Job Results directory. For information about changing the path of the Job Results directory, see Changing the Path of the Job Results Directory.
- All of the participating data access nodes and the master node must be at the same service pack level.
- All of the participating data access nodes and the master node must be time synced.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- Create a pseudo-client for the GPFS cluster.
- Create a subclient.
- Decide whether you want the following additional functionality:
- You want to be notified of events that require attention. For more information, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- You want to report on and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations.
For more information about reports, see Reports Overview.
- You want to manage security.
For more information, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: What to Do Next
Configure data retention and data aging. For more information, see Data Aging - Getting Started.
Last modified: 2/13/2018 3:33:46 PM