Enabling File and Folder Restores from Backups Made Using UNIX MediaAgents
For backups that use a UNIX MediaAgent, you must enable restore jobs to use an alternative MediaAgent and drive pool to access the required media.
The index for the UNIX MediaAgent is copied to the Windows MediaAgent selected for the browse and restore. This enables all volumes, files, and folders to be displayed when browsing a virtual machine.
Before You Begin
- The Index Cache must be on an NTFS disk.
- The MediaAgent package must be installed on the Virtual Server Agent proxy that is used for the restore.
To enable file-level restores from disk-level backups that were made using any UNIX MediaAgent, perform the following steps:
- From the CommCell Console, click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, under Storage, click Media Management.
- In the Media Management Configuration dialog box, click the Resource Manager Configuration tab.
- For Allow restore jobs to use alternative MediaAgent and Drive Pool to access required media, click in the Value column and enter 1.
- Click OK.
When restoring files, you must select a Windows MediaAgent for the restore. For details, see Restoring Guest Files and Folders.
Last modified: 4/27/2018 3:22:40 PM