Adding a User-Defined Subclient for the Virtual Server Agent
You can create user-defined subclients to protect specific groups of virtual machines. Use this approach to provide different policies, options, or backup schedules for different categories of virtual machines.
About This Task
When a virtual machine is included in a user-defined subclient, it is automatically excluded from the default subclient. This prevents the duplicate backup of any virtual machine by the default subclient. (Duplicate backups can still occur if a virtual machine is included in multiple user-defined subclients.)
You can also set rule-based discovery to automatically discover virtual machines for the subclient. For instructions on setting discovery rules, see Adding Subclient Content Using Discovery Rules.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > instance.
- Right-click the backup set, point to All Tasks, and click New Subclient.
- In the New Subclient Properties dialog box, specify the following settings:
- In the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, click Browse and select virtual machines to be backed up.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy from the Storage Policy box.
If necessary, click Create Storage Policy to create a new storage policy for the subclient.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 8:57:56 PM