Creating a Subclient
To protect a specific set of virtual machines, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can include virtual machines that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule. For example, you can create a subclient for each protection domain in the Nutanix AHV cluster.
The default subclient protects all virtual machines that are not protected by other subclients.
Note: For Nutanix AHV backup operations, the transport mode is automatically selected. For more information, see Transport Modes.
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Nutanix AHV.
- Right-click a backup set, and then click New Subclient.
The Subclient Properties of dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- Select the virtual machines that you want this subclient to back up:
- On the Content tab, click Browse.
- Select one or more virtual machines.
- Click OK.
The selected virtual machines appear in the Contents of subclient list.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, select a storage policy.
- To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, on the Advanced Options tab, add the proxies.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies that are specified at the instance level are used.
- On the Backup Options tab, choose the type of backup to perform:
- Application Consistent: Uses Nutanix Guest Tools to perform a quiesced backup of the file system and applications.
- Crash Consistent: Uses a Nutanix AHV virtual machine snapshot to perform a basic backup.
- Click OK.
The Backup Schedule dialog box appears.
- Click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.
Last modified: 7/22/2019 7:39:07 PM