VNU0002: Backup completes with “Failed to quiesce file system for VM” error.
An application-consistent backup fails with the following error message:
Failed to quiesce file system for VM
This error can occur in any of the following conditions:
- For Windows guest VMs, Nutanix Guest Tools are not installed and configured.
- A Windows guest or a user VM is not a Windows server.
- The VM has Integrated Drive Electronics (IDE) disks.
- For Linux guest VMs, post-freeze and pre-thaw scripts are not present or executed.
You might be able to resolve this issue by using one of the following workarounds:
- For Windows guest VMs:
- Install and configure Nutanix Guest Tools.
- Use the VSS administrator list provider to verify that Nutanix VSS providers are listed.
- Verify that user VMs can access Central VPN Management (CVM) port 2074.
- For Linux guest VMs, verify that the scripts are located in the /sbin/pre_freeze and /sbin/post_thaw folders.
Last modified: 10/30/2018 7:06:11 PM