VOPS0002: Restore fails with error "Failed to create port with request"
A restore of an OpenStack instance fails if a network connection cannot be created for the restored instance.
The vsvrst.log file includes the following error:
Failed to create port with request [...]
This issue occurs when the user specified for the virtualization client does not have permission to create or delete network ports.
The user specified for the virtualization client must meet one of the following conditions:
- Have a admin role.
- Own the network in the location where the instance is restored.
- Have the ability to get network information and create, modify, and delete ports.
In Mitaka or Newton releases, you can use the following workaround to grant the necessary privileges to a non-admin user:
- Create a role named advsvc.
- Specify that the following operations are permitted for the role:
- Assign the role to the non-admin user.
- Resubmit the restore job.
Last modified: 1/18/2019 3:38:57 PM