Creating a Subclient for Oracle Cloud Classic
To provide protection for a specific set of instances, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can identify instances that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule.
The default subclient is preconfigured to back up all instances that are not protected by other subclients.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Oracle Cloud.
- Right-click a backup set and then click New Subclient.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- Identify instances to back up:
- On the Content tab, click Browse.
- Navigate to one or more instances and select them.
- Click OK.
The selected instances are displayed in the Contents of subclient list.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy.
- Optional: To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, click the Advanced Options tab and add the proxies to be used.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies specified at the instance level are used.
- Click OK.
The Backup Schedule dialog box appears.
- Click Do Not Schedule and then click OK.
Last modified: 6/3/2019 2:49:57 PM