Restores for Oracle Cloud Classic
You can restore instances to a new destination.
Deprecated: Oracle is discontinuing Oracle Cloud Classic. Support for Oracle Cloud Classic is deprecated in this version of the Commvault software. For similar functionality, provision new instances in Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and create a Commvault hypervisor for Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Oracle Cloud Classic storage volumes can be up to 2 TB, and a maximum of 10 storage volumes can be attached to each instance. For backups and restores, volumes for an instance are attached to the VSA proxy, and the limit on the number of volumes applies to the total number of volumes for the proxy and the instance being backed up or restored. If the proxy for a restore job has to attach more than 10 volumes, the job completes with errors. Resubmit the job to process the next set of volumes, resubmitting as needed until all volumes have been restored.
- Read volume information from the instance backup.
- Create volumes and attach them to the VSA proxy.
- Restore data received from the MediaAgent into the attached volumes, and then detach the volumes from the VSA proxy.
- Mark the OS disk as bootable.
- Read the orchestration JSON file and use the options specified for the restore to create an instance using the Oracle Launch API.
Note: The Oracle Launch API does not create orchestration entries for restored instances or instances created during application migration to Oracle Cloud. As a result, you cannot shut down such instances from the Oracle Cloud Classic interface.
Last modified: 3/10/2020 9:35:22 PM