Creating a Subclient for Oracle VM
You can back up virtual machines using the default subclient or create a new subclient to protect a specific subset of virtual machines.
To provide protection for a specific set of virtual machines, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can identify virtual machines that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule.
- VMs that are hosted on the same repository should be added to the same subclient. This helps avoid separate backup jobs accessing the same repository at the same time, which can cause resource conflicts on the server.
- You should stagger backup schedules for each subclient so that they do not cause resource conflicts on the servers that host the VMs.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > OracleVM.
- Right-click a backup set and then click New Subclient.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- Identify virtual machines to back up:
- On the Content tab, click Browse.
- Navigate to one or more virtual machines and select them.
- Click OK.
The selected virtual machines are displayed in the Contents of subclient list.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a Storage Policy.
- Optional: To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, click the Advanced Options tab and add the proxies to be used.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies specified at the instance level are used.
- Click OK.
The Backup Schedule dialog box appears.
- Click Do Not Schedule and then click OK.
Last modified: 4/20/2021 2:13:59 PM