Basic Setup for VMware Backup and Recovery
After deploying Virtual Server Agent (VSA) proxies, you can perform basic configuration to customize your backup and restore operations.
- You must create a virtualization client for the vCenter. If you have multiple vCenters, create a virtualization client for each.
- Unless you want all virtual machines for the vCenter to be covered by the default subclient, create additional user-defined subclients that identify groups of virtual machines to back up.
See Modifying a Subclient for the most important options that you can configure for a subclient.
- Define rules to discover virtual machines automatically.
- Define filters to exclude virtual machines based on various criteria.
- You might want to identify VSA proxies at the subclient level if different subclients have different backup requirements.
Last modified: 3/12/2019 3:53:27 PM