Creating VMware Virtual Machines from Restored VMX Files
You can use the vSphere Client to create a virtual machine from restored .vmx files.
- In the vSphere Client, select the target datastore for the virtual machine.
- Right-click the datastore and select Browse Datastore.
- Click the Upload files to this datastore button, and then click Upload Folder.
- Browse to the folder where the VMs were restored, select the folder, and click OK.
- When the upload completes, browse into the newly uploaded folder.
- Right-click the .vmx file and select Add to Inventory.
The VM is not registered automatically.
- Depending on the original configuration of the VM, it may be necessary to re-associate the disks of the VM by right-clicking the VM and selecting Edit Settings.
- Disks that are not associated to the newly uploaded .vmdk file need to be removed and re-added using the option Use an existing virtual disk.
Last modified: 3/12/2019 7:05:44 PM