The Offline Replication of Snapshots Feature for the Isilon Storage Array
You can use the Offline Replication of Snapshots feature to replicate snapshots that are created by Commvault software on Isilon arrays.
The key features of the Offline Replication of Snapshots feature are as follows:
- The feature uses Isilon SyncIQ technology to replicate snapshots from an Isilon OneFS cluster to another Isilon array.
- You can use different retention rules on the replica copy than on the primary snapshot.
- You can use snapshots on the replica copy for restore operations and backup operations.
A limitation of the Offline Replication of Snapshots feature is that it does not support fan-out operations.
The agents that the Offline Replication of Snapshots feature supports are as follows:
- NDMP Agent
- Windows File System for CIFS shares under a network-attached storage (NAS) client
- UNIX Network File System for NFS shares under a NAS client
Last modified: 7/13/2018 10:31:32 PM