Getting Started with the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix Storage Array
To set up the Dell EMC PowerMAX, the Dell EMC VMAX, or the Dell EMC Symmetrix storage array, review system requirements, configure your environment, and then add the array in the Commvault software. Then you can modify the snapshot properties.
Step 1: Review System Requirements
Review the system requirements for the Dell EMC VMAX or Dell EMC Symmetrix.
For more information, see Systems Requirements.
Step 2: Configure Your Environment
Run scripts and configure the array in the array console before configuring the array on the Commvault software:
- Preparing Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix for the Commvault software.
- Review Best Practices.
Step 3: Add the Storage Array in the Commvault Software
In the Commvault software, add and configure the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix storage array in Array Management. See Setting Up the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix Array Using Array Management.
Step 4: Modify Snapshot Properties
To customize the array to your environment, you can modify the properties that control snapshot operations.
For more information, edit the Snap Configuration Properties of Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix.
Step 4: Where to Go from Here
Choose one of the following agents to work in conjunction with the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix storage array.
- If you want to use inline replication, see Inline Replication for the Dell EMC VMAX Storage Array.
- To learn more about Target Devices for TimeFinder engines, see Target Devices for TimeFinder Engines.
- To read about Dell EMC TimeFinder SnapVX Interoperability, see Dell EMC TimeFinder SnapVX Interoperability.
- To configure the SRDF/Metro feature, see SRDF/Metro.
Last modified: 2/19/2020 10:34:14 PM