Editing the Snapshot Configuration Properties of the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix Storage Array
You can edit the properties of the storage array to change the behavior of the storage array in your environment.
Before You Begin
If you plan to specify a Remote Snap MediaAgent computer, complete the following tasks:
- Install the EMC Solutions Enabler 188.8.131.52 or later on the Remote Snap MediaAgent computer.
- Follow the vendor recommendation to configure the recommended number of command devices on the Remote Snap MediaAgent computer.
- Verify that the Remote Snap MediaAgent computer has access to the array.
- Type the Remote Snap MediaAgent computer name in the Remote Snap MA snapshot configuration property.
If you are configuring the inline replication feature, on the Use target devices from Host Device Group property, type the name of the device group that contains the source device and the target device of both the local and the remote VMAX arrays.
- From the CommCell Browser, click the Storage tab, and then click the Array Management icon.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Select an Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix array, and then click Edit.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, edit the snapshot configuration properties for Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/25/2019 10:22:09 PM