Configuration of the Inline Replication Feature for the EMC VMAX Storage Array
To configure the Dell EMC VMAX Inline Replication feature, with the Dell EMC VMAX software, you need to set up the replication link between the local array and the remote array. With the Commvault software, you create the storage policy for replication, associate the subclients that you want to protect with the replica copy, and then add and configure the arrays in the Commvault software.
- Configure SRDF for VMAX replication.
- Create a storage policy and a snapshot copy on that storage policy.
- Create the replica copy.
- Associate the replica copy to the subclients whose snapshots you want to replicate. See Associating the Replica Copy to Subclients.
- Add the local storage array in Array Management. See Setting Up the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix Array Using Array Management.
- Add the remote storage array in Array Management. See Setting Up the Dell EMC VMAX / Symmetrix Array Using Array Management.
- Edit the snapshot configuration properties of the local array.
- Edit the snapshot configuration properties of the remote array.
Last modified: 2/27/2019 11:52:47 PM