Configuring the Dell EMC VPLEX Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the Dell EMC VPLEX storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
You need to add a backend array and a Dell EMC VPLEX frontend array. The Commvault software does not differentiate between the two types of arrays, so both are added as regular arrays.
The Dell EMC VPLEX engine needs access to the Dell EMC VPLEX array to discover the backend device. After this initial discovery, the Dell EMC VPLEX engine needs direct access to the backend array to orchestrate all snap operations like snap create, mount, unmount, delete, and others. The Dell EMC VPLEX array does not perform any snap operations other than the initial discovery.
Before You Begin
Caution: You must configure the client and proxy hosts to have access to the backend array. If the client and proxy hosts don't have access to the backend array, no snap operation can be performed.
If you have not done so yet, choose a supported backend array, verify the supported modes, and then configure the backend array. For more information, see Backend Storage Arrays for the Dell EMC VPLEX Array.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Dell EMC VPLEX.
- In the Name box, enter the array ID as it appears in Unisphere, and then create an entry for each cluster node.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address or the hostname of the Dell EMC VPLEX array where VPLEX CLI must be available.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the securityadmin role or the vplexuser role on the Dell EMC VPLEX array software, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Access Nodes tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Access Nodes.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, select advanced snap configuration options.
For more information, see Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Tip: When you configure your subclient, select Dell EMC VPLEX on the IntelliSnap Operations tab of the Subclient Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 7/12/2019 8:30:42 PM