Getting Started with the Hitachi Vantara Storage Array
To set up a Hitachi Vantara storage array or a Hitachi Vantara OEM storage array, review system requirements, and then add the array in the Commvault software. Then you can modify the snapshot properties.
Step 1: Review Requirements
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for Hitachi Vantara storage array:
Step 2: Configure your Environment
Run scripts and configure the array in the array console before configuring the array in the Commvault software:
- If you plan to use Hitachi Vantara with the CCI Engine, see Configuring Hitachi Vantara CCI Engine on the Array Console.
- If you plan to use Hitachi Vantara with HDvM, see Configuring Hitachi Vantara HDvM on the Array Console.
- If you plan to use Global-Active Devices, see Global-Active Devices for Hitachi Vantara Storage Arrays.
Step 3: Add and Configure the Storage Array in Commvault Software
- In the Commvault software, add and configure the Hitachi Vantara storage array in IntelliSnap Array Management. See Setting Up the Hitachi Vantara Array Using Array Management.
- If you plan to use inline replication, see Inline Replication for the Hitachi Vantara Storage Array.
- To customize the array to your environment, including the configuration of Remote Snap MediaAgent, edit the Snap Configuration Properties of Hitachi Vantara.
Step 4: Where to Go from Here
Choose one of the following agents to work in conjunction with the Hitachi Vantara storage array.
Last modified: 1/7/2020 10:04:02 PM