Configuring the NetApp Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the NetApp storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
If you want to use only primary snapshots, then add a primary NetApp array.
If you want to use OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) and SnapVault or SnapMirror (that is, the secondary snapshots), then complete the following steps:
- Add the primary NetApp array.
- Add a secondary NetApp array.
- If OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) was not added in the Create Storage Policy And Snapshot Copy for SnapVault or SnapMirror, then add the OCUM server.
If you are configuring the NetApp storage array for the NetApp Open Replication feature, then do not select OnCommand Unified Manager in the Type area.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select NetApp.
- In the Name box, enter the host name, the fully qualified domain name (FQDN), or the TCP/IP address of the primary file server.
- The name of primary file server or secondary file server can be different in the OCUM, CommServe, MediaAgent, and other entities, but the name in all those locations must resolve to the same IP address.
- If you want to create a SnapVault copy or a SnapMirror copy, then verify that the IP address of the primary file server resolves to the primary IP address of the network interface and not to an alias.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Do one of the following:
- If you are using OCUM 6.0, enter the credentials of a user who is assigned to the Storage Administrator role, and then click OK.
- If you are not using OCUM 6.0, enter the credentials of a user who has the following create privileges and delete privileges for the array, and then click OK.
- Volume and LUN clones
- Common Internet File System (CIFS) shares and Network File System (NFS) exports
- Initiator groups
- In the Type section, choose one of the following options:
- To add a primary snapshot array, select File Server, and then select the Primary check box.
- To add a secondary snapshot array, select File Server, and then clear the Primary check box.
- To add OCUM server, select OnCommand Unified Manager.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, on the Array Acess Nodes tab, select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Acess Nodes.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure Snapshot Configuration Properties according to your needs.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/15/2019 8:31:25 PM