Configuration of the NetApp Open Replication Feature
Use the open replication for the NetApp storage array to replicate snapshots without OCUM.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have configured an array access node that runs Commvault V11 SP7 or later and that the array access node has access to both the source array and the target array.
Ensure that the relationships used by Open Replication feature do not have any external snapmirror schedules associated with it.
- Do one of the following:
- Use existing relationships.
- For each volume that is going to be replicated, create one of the following relationships:
- For vault/replica copy, create either a SnapVault relationship or a MirrorVault relationship.
- For mirror copy, create either a SnapMirror relationship or a Version Flexible Mirror relationship.
For more information, see Creating Relationships for the NetApp Open Replication Feature.
- Configure the source array for replication, by adding the source array in Array Management. See Configuring the NetApp Array Using Array Management.
- Associate the source array with an array access node. See Configuring Array Access Nodes for a Storage Array.
- Configure the target array for replication, by adding the target array in Array Management. See Configuring the NetApp Array Using Array Management.
- Create a storage policy with a snap primary copy. See Creating a Storage Policy and a Primary Snap Copy.
- Create a vault/replica copy or a mirror copy. See Creating a Vault/Replica or Mirror Copy for the NetApp Open Replication Feature.
- Optional: Displaying SVM Names.
- Associate the replica copy to the subclients whose snapshots you want to replicate. See Associating the Replica Copy to Subclients.
Last modified: 7/15/2019 10:30:36 PM