Configuring the HPE Nimble Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from the Commvault software, add the HPE Nimble Storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
- Before you upgrade the HPE Nimble Storage firmware version, move all snapshots to a secondary storage using the Backup Copy operation, because old interfaces cannot access the array nodes.
- When you merge all HPE Nimble Storage arrays to one group, move all snapshots to a secondary storage using the Backup Copy operation.
- Verify that all source volumes are part of a volume collection in the array console. And, in the Schedule of Volume Collection area, enable the Snapshot triggered by CommVault option.
- To switch from manual mode to automatic mode, add a storage array using a Virtual Target IP (VTIP).
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
- On the Array Management dialog box, click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select HPE Nimble Storage.
- In the Name box, specify the IP address of the storage array.
- In the Control Host box, do one of the following:
- For HPE Nimble Storage FC arrays, enter the management IP address of the storage array.
- For HPE Nimble Storage iSCSI arrays, enter the iSCSI Discovery IP of the subnet that carries the data traffic.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Do one of the following:
- For Active Directory (AD) users, enter the username and password of a user that belongs to the AD group added on the storage array, with administrator or power user roles.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the administrator role or the power user role.
- Click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, on the Array Access Nodes tab, select the configuration options.
- If you are configuring the replication feature, then you must add an array access node for the local array and add an array access node for the remote array. For more information, see Configuring Array Access Nodes.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/6/2020 9:36:55 PM