Backing Up Instances
You can back up instances from a subclient or from a backup set (to include all subclients for the backup set). For each subclient, you must add the instances to be backed up in the subclient content.
Note: For streaming backups and backup copies, if the VSA proxy used for backups and restores is running on an Amazon instance, the proxy must be available in the same user account as the instance being backed up or restored, or you must configure the AWS account that contains the proxy as an Admin account as described in Using Resources from an Admin Account. This requirement does not apply to IntelliSnap backups.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Amazon > backup_set.
- Start the backup from the subclient or backup set:
- From the subclient, right-click the subclient and click Backup.
- From the backup set, right-click the backup set and click Backup All Subclients; then click Yes to confirm.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, choose the backup type.
- Optional: To schedule the backup, click Schedule.
For more information on scheduling, see Scheduling.
- Optional: To further customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
For more information about advanced options, see Advanced Backup Options.
- Optional: To save the current backup options as a script file, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Save as Script Overview.
- Click OK to start the backup job.
You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller. When the backup is complete, the Job Controller displays Completed.
After your backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.
Last modified: 4/17/2019 3:11:39 PM